Windows 10 For Mac? Did you know that with the help of Boot Camp you can install windows 10 on your Mac and turn your Mac (iOS) into Microsoft windows. Here is our guide how to do it. Remember after you install, restart your Mac to switch between macOS and Windows.INTERESTING: Best Hacting App for Android 2018
Before you start make sure you have the following:
- An Intel-based Mac
- A 64-bit version of Windows 8 or higher disk or dist image. If you’re installing Windows for the first time, use a full installation (not an upgrade) disc or disk image.
- An Apple keyboard, mouse, or trackpad.
- At least 55GB of free disk space on a drive you want to install windows.
- A 16 GB flash drive.
It’s a long process. Carefully go through Boot Camp guides in order to succeed.
1 Checking System Requirements
- Use the System Information app to see a summary of information about your Mac hardware, software, and network.
- Choose Apple menu > About This Mac to get an overview of your Mac, including your Mac model, processor, memory, serial number, and version of macOS.
- Now check your windows disk image file (ISO) system requirements that you download, or as an installation disc or USB flash drive. Does it meet the system requirements of your Mac if so continue moving forward?
- NOTE: If your copy of Windows came on a DVD, you have to create a disk image of it to work with Boot Camp, otherwise you won’t be able to install windows 10 for mac. Here you can create an ISO image for Boot Camp from Windows installation media.
2 Open Boot Camp Assistant
- Boot Camp Assistant guides you through installing Windows on your Mac. Open this app from the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to repartition your startup disk and download related software drivers for Windows. If you’re prompted during installation, connect a blank 16 BG USB 2 flash drive.
3 Format your Windows Partition
NOTE: This step is required only if you install windows using flash drive. In other case, the right partition is automatically done.
- When you complete the assistant, your Mac restarts to the Windows installer. When you’re asked where you want to install Windows, select the BOOTCAMP partition, then click Format.
4 Install Windows
- Follow the onscreen prompts to finish your Windows 10 for mac installation.
5 Restart Your Mac
- Once windows installation finished, restart when you want to switch between macOS and Windows. Use the Boot Camp system tray item in Windows to select your startup disk, then restart your computer.
Done! Now you have both windows and Mac OS. 2 in 1. 🙂